Toolbox Studio Salon Announces Permanent Makeup
COMING SOON – Stay tuned as we will shortly announce the availability of this service in our Salon
Permanent makeup, also known as Intradermal Pigmentation or micropigmentation , is a revolutionary method of applying natural pigments into the dermal layer of skin. This innovative technique is a safe and quick answer to your daily makeup routine.
Permanent makeup is used for an array of cosmetic enhancements such as permanent eyebrows, eye liner, and lip liner/color and most recently Microblading and natural method of adding hair like strokes to resemble hair. Other permanent makeup procedures include vitiligo, scar camouflage, areola restoration, hairline enhancement, and more.
Cosmetic Enhancements with Micro-pigmentation
Permanent makeup has also been used to cover-up stretchmarks, birthmarks, freckles/age spots, and uneven skin discolorations. Many will never experience allergic reactions however with any permanent or semi permanent service may have risks associated.
Quality and Safety Considerations for Permanent Makeup
Be informed of the quality and safety surrounding your permanent makeup location. As with any body or skin enhancement you need to know your rights and when possible seek a patch test that can be done up to 24 hours prior to your appointment. Even with a patch test some skin types will never show an allergic reaction for months or even years post treatment.
Proper aftercare and skin protection will be required to secure a long and beautiful finish to your permanent makeup procedure.
- A consultation before the procedure is scheduled is recommended, but not mandatory. You may also e-mail or text pictures of your current brows in order to prepare.
- No pregnant or breast feeding women may get the procedure.
- Any blood thinning medications or antibiotics must be finished 1 week prior to procedure.
- If you are on chemotherapy drugs, you must have a doctor’s written permission and it must have been 6 months prior to the procedure.
- Any botox or injectables must be done 1 month prior to the Microblading procedure or after.
- Anyone taking acutane must be off for 1 year prior to procedure.
- If using Retinols or Retin-A, you MUST be off for 7 days prior to your appointment and avoid using it around the area for 30 days after. Continued use after 30 days will fade the pigment prematurely.
- Sunlight, and artificial light like tanning beds, lasers and light therapies must not be done 10 days before and 10 days after the procedure. Tan will exfoliate, taking color with it as it fades.
- Facial treatments that regenerate the skin, such as microdermabrasion, laser treatments and chemical peels, may be done 1 month after procedure.
- Absolutely no sun, pools, or actions that produce sweating until 10 days after the procedure or it will fade pigment.
Click below to book your appointment